Safe & Together™ Model European Train The Trainer
December 9 @ 9:00 AM - December 13 @ 4:00 PM GMT| Donation
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5-day Training — 9-13 December 2019 — 9:00AM – 4:00PM
IMPORTANT! Attendance by application only. For more information about Train The Trainer, which is part of the Trainer Certification Program, please contact Shelly Napoletano Flynn, Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Website: Hilton Leeds City
- Phone: +44 113 244 2000
- Located in the city centre, a 2 minute walk from Leeds Railway Station and within close proximity of the three main shopping centres, Trinity, Victoria Quarter and Victoria Gate. First Direct arena is a 15 minute walk from the hotel, also easily reachable by taxi. The hotel is ideally located close to the two motorway links in an out of the city, the M1 andM62. Leeds Bradford International Airport is a 25 minute drive from the hotel.
- View map & directions page
FAQ: Do I need a PayPal account to register online? The answer is, No.
You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make an online payment. You can use any of the major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express). Follow these steps:
- Click PayPal as Payment method
- Enter all required information marked with a red asterisk
- Click orange “Place Order” button
- You will be re-directed to PayPal
- Just scroll down a bit and click the gray “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button
Safe & Together Institute
About Safe & Together™ Model Train The Trainer
This 5-day training is one component of the larger Safe & Together™ Model Trainer Certification Program and is designed to provide a skills-oriented foundation for training on the following Safe & Together™ Model curricula:
- 4-day CORE Training
- 1-day Overview Training
- 1-hour Briefing
Train The Trainer is focused on moving trainer candidates toward mastery in three main competencies:
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Continuum of Domestic Violence-informed Practice;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Safe & Together™ Model;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the CORE Training manual and related training activities.
Consisting of 27.5 educational hours of lecture, group exercises, discussion and video, the Trainer Certification Program’s Train The Trainer is a robust 5-day, in-person training that will result in participants:
- Increasing their ability and confidence in describing the various components of the Safe & Together™ Model and domestic violence-informed practice;
- Increasing their ability and confidence in the instruction of each of the skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Increasing their ability and confidence in teaching each of the CORE skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Building upon prior knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and child welfare systems as well as cultural competency, substance abuse and mental health intersections and intersectionalities;
- Describing basic concepts and skills associated with ‘light’ systems assessment of domestic violence-informed practice;
- Developing and implementing an action plan for improving their domestic violence-informed training skills.
Maximum Group Size: 20
Safe & Together Institute