Denver, Colorado, United States
5-day Training — January 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 2020 — 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
IMPORTANT! Attendance by application only. For more information about Train The Trainer, which is part of the Trainer Certification Program, please contact Shelly Napoletano Flynn, Project Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Due Dates
- 21 October applications available
- 19 November applications due
- 2 December acceptances sent & registration opens
- $1900 (inclusive of Eventbrite fees, training materials & catering)
- the Curtis Hotel
- 1405 Curtis Street
Discounted Room Rate
- Special room rate of $179 until Thursday, December 12th or until the room block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
- Group Name: Train The Trainer
- Group Code: TTT
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ROOM ONLINE
- 2 Blocks from Anywhere in Downtown Denver. The Curtis – a DoubleTree by Hilton, is your passport to Denver’s thriving art scene, live sports and downtown Denver attractions. Just two blocks off the celebrated 16th Street Mall, one block from the Colorado Convention Center and directly across the street from the Denver Performing Arts Complex. Whether you’re interested in shopping, dining, athletics or immersing yourself in local culture, you’ll find it all right here in our pedestrian-friendly city.
- Public Transit: Lightrail, $10 one-way, from Airport to Union Station, from Union Station take complimentary 16th St. Mall ride to Curtis St. and the hotel is on the right hand side (the Curtis Hotel is approx. 1 mile from Union Station)
- Uber/Taxi: approx. $60 one-way
- Parking: Discounted rate of $10 per day
FAQ: Do I need a PayPal account to register online? The answer is, NO.
You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make an online payment. You can use any of the major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express). Follow these steps:
- Click PayPal as Payment method
- Enter all required information marked with a red asterisk
- Click orange “Place Order” button
- You will be re-directed to PayPal
- Scroll down and click the gray “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button
Safe & Together Institute
About Safe & Together™ Model Trainer The Trainer
This 5-day training is one component of the larger Safe & Together™ Model Trainer Certification Program and is designed to provide a skills-oriented foundation for training on the following Safe & Together™ Model curricula:
- 4-day CORE Training
- 1-day Overview Training
- 1-hour Briefing
Train The Trainer is focused on moving trainer candidates toward mastery in three main competencies:
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Continuum of Domestic Violence-informed Practice;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Safe & Together™ Model;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the CORE Training manual and related training activities.
Consisting of 27.5 educational hours of lecture, group exercises, discussion and video, the Trainer Certification Program’s Train The Trainer is a robust 5-day, in-person training that will result in participants:
- Increasing their ability and confidence in describing the various components of the Safe & Together™ Model and domestic violence-informed practice;
- Increasing their ability and confidence in the instruction of each of the skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Increasing their ability and confidence in teaching each of the CORE skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Building upon prior knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and child welfare systems as well as cultural competency, substance abuse and mental health intersections and intersectionalities;
- Describing basic concepts and skills associated with ‘light’ systems assessment of domestic violence-informed practice;
- Developing and implementing an action plan for improving their domestic violence-informed training skills.
Maximum Group Size: 20
Safe & Together Institute