2nd Safe & Together™ Model European Conference: Domestic Abuse & Children – VIRTUAL
October 7 @ 1:00 PM - October 9 @ 5:00 PM BST
Our new online conference will be held on:
Wednesday the 7th – Friday the 9th October 2020
1-5pm UK time (8am-12pm US EST).
Instead of two full days of conference presentations (plus one full day of masterclass options), we will be simplifying the timing for everyone by offering three half-days of conference sessions online. The masterclass is cancelled to accommodate all participants joining all three days of programming.
REGISTRATION CONTINUES TO BE OPEN AND WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH 30 SEPTEMBER. Those who have already registered will be notified directly about any next steps.
Programme: Thank you to all those speakers and workshop presenters who have been flexible with their schedule allowing us to offer the same programme (plus some)
- 7 Things You Don’t Know About the Safe & Together Model – David Mandel, S&TI Founder
- Empowering battered mothers and their children – Casey Keene, NRCDV
- When Coercive Control Continues to Harm Children – Dr. Emma Katz, Liverpool Hope University
- Perpetrator Programme Completion Certificates are Dangerous
- Special Welcome by Domestic Abuse Commissioner, Nicole Jacobs
- Domestic Violence-Informed Leadership: How do I change my agency and my system?
- Multiple Pathways to Harm: Assessing the impact on children and family functioning should be our first step
- Intersections: When Domestic Violence Perpetration, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health Meet
- Drive Programme: Working with high-harm and serial perpetrators to challenge behaviour and prevent abuse.
- The Caledonian System and Safe & Together: Children front and centre
- Cedar (children experiencing domestic abuse recovery): Scotland’s leading evidence-based recovery programme for children
- ADVANCE Programme: Advancing theory and treatment approaches for males in substance misuse treatment who perpetrate intimate partner violence
- Certified Trainer Seminar: Exclusive roundtable discussion with David Mandel for S&TI Certified Trainers only.
- And more coming…
What is Live Remote?
Live Remote is the term used to define the new format of this year’s conference. The sessions will be viewed entirely on our Virtual Academy.
Safe & Together Institute’s Virtual Academy is also home to several other virtual e-courses that can be completed anytime, or in other words, self-paced. Therefore, Live Remote recognizes that distancing rules have forced us to meet remotely, but we will still meet live at a specific time and place. We are looking forward to the engagement and dialogue between attendees and presenters!
Within the Virtual Academy platform, we will be hosting each session through Zoom. More information on technical support is forthcoming.
You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make an online payment. You can use any of the major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express). Follow these steps:
- Click PayPal as Payment method
- Enter all required information marked with a red asterisk
- Click orange “Place Order” button
- You will be re-directed to PayPal
- Scroll down a bit and click the gray “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button