- This event has passed.
FREE WEBINAR for Europe: Safe & Together and Caring Dads: Shared Values and Practice
July 28 @ 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM BST
Domestic violence-informed systems need a wide range of interventions with people who choose violence. Safe father-inclusive practice helps improve outcomes for women and children, accountability for perpetrators and parents, and a move away from “failure to protect” approaches. Developed in a university partnership, Caring Dads is a group intervention program for men who have abused, neglected, or exposed their children to domestic violence. Many jurisdictions that adopt the Safe & Together Model have also adopted Caring Dads. In this webinar, David Mandel, creator of the Safe & Together Model, and Sarah Webb, Caring Dads Global Enterprise Manager, discuss how the Caring Dads model can fit into domestic violence-informed systems change.
As a result of this webinar, participants will learn about:
- The Caring Dads program and its implementation around the world
- The connections between domestic violence informed and father-inclusive practice
- How the interaction of the two approaches:
- Mutually reinforces shared values and practice
- Increases the positive outcomes associated with both efforts; and
- Strengthens collaboration between fathering programs, statutory child welfare systems and wider sectors engaging with families impacted by domestic violence
Instructors: David Mandel, creator of the Safe & Together Model and Sarah Webb, Caring Dads Global Enterprise Manager