Safe & Together™ Model 2-day Supervisor Training by Stopping Family Violence
August 19 @ 9:00 AM - August 20 @ 4:00 PM AWST
Applecross, Western Australia
2-day Training — 19 & 20 August 2020 — 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
The 2-day training is designed for practitioners who have completed the Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training and are ready to incorporate the techniques and knowledge into their supervisory role.
- Please arrive at 8:30am on Day 1 to sign in and receive your training materials.
- Free parking is available at the yacht club.
- $410.00 AUD
- Cost includes training materials, catering, GST and Eventbrite fees.
- Refunds available up to 7 days prior to the training, anything after is only transferable to another person.
- Registration Link: https://safetogether-supv-2day-sfv-applecross-wa-aug-2020.eventbrite.com
Stopping Family Violence
About the Safe & Together™ Model 2-day Supervisor Training
Domestic abuse is one of the most challenging case issues facing child protection and other family service agencies. Handling it well requires skills, confidence and knowledge. Supervising training is strongly recommended as part of any agency effort to promote organisation-wide, domestic violence-informed change.
Training is organised into three critical supervisory skills:
- Assessing the quality of their workers’ practice.
- Addressing worker safety concerns.
- Decision making and case guidance.
Supervisors and managers learn will:
- Key skills to help their workers apply a perpetrator pattern- based approach to casework.
- Skills to address worker emotional and physical safety issues that have implications for domestic-violence informed practice and family outcomes.
Supervising workers in domestic violence-informed practice is one way to make sure front line workers have the support and guidance they need when working with adult and child survivors, intervening with perpetrators and managing safety for themselves and the family.
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to attend!