- This event has passed.
Safe & Together Model Certified Trainer Supervisor Credential
July 12, 2021 @ 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
The Supervisor Credential Training begins July 12, 2021! This Credential is only open to Safe & Together Model Certified Trainers.
Specific training for supervisors is strongly recommended as part of any agency’s effort to promote organization-wide and system-wide domestic violence-informed change.
This Credential will allow Certified Trainers to support the improvement of supervisors’ ability to use a coaching approach to:
- Identify and address common safety concerns workers face;
- Guide their social workers’ skills and habits;
- Make informed front-line decisions;
- Influence the decisions of their managers; and
- Support the wider system’s change efforts.
By earning this Supervisor Training Credential, Certified Trainers will be able to deliver both the 2-day Supervisor Training and the 3-day Supervisor Training and advance supervisory practice in their organizations and system.
This credential training is 100% online and includes:
- Video footage of Safe & Together Institute faculty training delivery and tips;
- Downloadable handouts and trainer resources;
- Interactive e-learning and practice activities to deepen trainer’s knowledge of curriculum skills and content;
- Interactive discussions within a small cohort of peers guided by a Safe & Together Faculty instructor.
The credential training is focused on three competency areas:
Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to connecting supervisory practice to the CORE concepts of the Safe & Together™ Model;
Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Key Concepts for Domestic Violence-Informed Supervisory Practice;
Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to delivering the Supervisors Training content and related training activities.
The training prerequisites are:
- Full Certification as a Safe & Together Model Trainer
- Completion of the 2-day Supervisor Training (in-person), 3-day Supervisor Training (in-person), OR the Virtual Supervisor Training (in Virtual Academy) with a score of 80%+ on posttest.
The course takes place over four weeks. The commitment includes 3-4 hours of course work per week including discussion posts, action planning and 1 weekly assignment. Subsequent Cohorts will begin on a quarterly basis. The upcoming cohorts are as follows:
- October 4, 2021 Registration opens September 1, 2021
- Refund Policy: Refunds will only be given 14 days prior to event.