Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training — Applecross, WA
4 Day Training — 8, 9, 14 & 15 May, 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM each day
- Day 1 — 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM — Wednesday, 8 May, 2019
- Day 2 — 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM — Thursday, 9 May, 2019
- Day 3 — 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM — Tuesday, 14 May, 2019
- Day 4 — 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM — Wednesday, 15 May, 2019
- Training Room — Heritage Room
- Cost Includes — Training Manual, S&TI Cards, Morning & Afternoon Tea and Lunch with Tea & Coffees
- Certificate of Completion for participants who attend all four days and take the posttest.
Ticket Price: A$630.00 + GST: $63 = A$693.00
Stopping Family Violence
About Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training
Domestic violence-informed child welfare practice requires competencies in assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning. Safe & Together Institute’s CORE Training offers four days of experiential classroom training covering each of these foundational skills.
- Day 1 is focused on Assessment
- Day 2 is focused on Interviewing
- Day 3 is focused on Documentation
- Day 4 is focused on Case Planning
CORE Training explores the importance of:
- Identifying the impact of domestic violence on children and family functioning
- Fact-based assessment of the perpetrators’ behavior patterns
- Partnering with adult survivors of domestic violence
- Intervening with perpetrators
- How domestic violence intersects with complicating factors like substance abuse and mental health
Participants of the CORE Training will:
- Learn to use practice tools, such as Mapping Perpetrators’ Patterns, Multiple Pathways to Harm and Pivoting that can be implemented right away to improve assessment of risk, impact on children, survivor protective efforts and essential case decisions.
- Practice interviewing perpetrators, survivors and children through modeling, role play and videos.
- Improve their domestic violence-informed documentation through individual and group exercises.
- Be discussing their own current or past cases and explore how the Safe & Together Model could be implemented.
Also included in CORE Training:
- Participants will develop their own Action Plans to implement the Model into their day-to-day practice, as well as begin to influence their communities and family service systems to become more domestic-violence informed.
- Participants will complete a pre- and posttest to reflect learning, as well as a training evaluation. Participants who attend all four days and take the posttest will receive a certifcate of completion, which indicates they participated in 22 training hours.
- A prerequisite to becomeing a Safe & Together Model Certified Trainer and/or Coach includes an 80% or higher on the CORE Training posttest.
- Child Protection
- Domestic Violence Advocates
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Mental Health / Health and other community service providers
- Men’s Behavior Change staff
- Court and Legal Personnel
- Anyone working perpetrators or families impacted by family and domestic violence
Maximum Group Size: 40
Contact Safe & Together Institute
Safe & Together Institute