Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/safeandtogether/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773
2nd Safe & Together™ Model Asia Pacific Conference
After the success of the inaugural, two-day Asia Pacific Safe & Together™ Model Conference in early 2018, we have partnered with the Berry Street Childhood Institute (BSCI) again to bring you year two!
The conference is based on the successful practices of the Safe & Together Model — bringing together practitioners from Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and more — showcasing current and emerging practices and research using the Model throughout Australia and across the globe.
The 2019 conference program and pre-conference trainings will showcase promising practices from North America and Asia Pacific.
- Safe & Together CORE Training: 3-6 February 2019
- Pre-conference Master Classes: 6 February 2019
- Second Annual Safe & Together Model Conference: 7-8 February 2019
Conference Venue: Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
What You Can Expect
Come a few days early for pre-conference training and classes then stay for the conference. Make it a whole week of networking, training, insight and change!
Grab a seat at the Safe & Together CORE Training 3-6 February from 9am – 4pm. Breakfast & Lunch provided.
The Safe & Together Model’s foundational skills training, has been significantly redesigned and updated based on feedback from participants and sites around the globe. The CORE Training has been delivered to child welfare, domestic violence advocates, batterer intervention professionals, police and family service providers nationally and internationally for more than five years as a foundation to supporting Domestic Violence-Informed practices and systems change.
The redesigned CORE Training will include:
- Skills-based training goals: assessment, interviewing, documentation and case planning
- More experiential learning using practice tools and exercises
- Videos demonstrating interviewing with perpetrators, partnering with survivors and engaging children
- Greater emphasis on complex, multi-issue cases
- Greater emphasis on intersectionality
- Certificate of 22 training hours
- All are welcome, including child welfare professionals, women’s sector workers, attorneys, researchers, men’s behavior change facilitators and service providers.
Next, join one of our master classes, pre-conference workshops on 6 February, 2019 from 9am – 4pm with breakfast & lunch provided. Finally, settle in for the main event: the conference, on 7-8 February from 9am – 4pm each day with breakfast & lunch provided.
What’s the ROI?
Download the conference ROI package! Map out your conference expectations and costs for your supervisor.
What have people said about the last conference?
Check out the report from the first Asia Pacific conference in February 2018.