This course is an introduction to the Safe and Together Model.
The Safe and Together™ Model is an internationally recognized suite of tools and interventions designed to help child welfare and their partners become domestic violence-informed. Continuously refined based on years of experiencing implementing the Model across the United States and other countries, the Model can help improve competencies and cross system collaboration related to the intersection of domestic violence and child maltreatment. This child-centered Model derives its name from the concept that children are best served when we can work toward keeping them safe and together with the non-offending parent (the adult domestic violence survivor). The Model provides a framework for partnering with domestic violence survivors and intervening with domestic violence perpetrators in order to enhance the safety and well-being of children.
The course will help child welfare workers and other professionals better understand some the key concepts and practices associated with the Model.
As a result, attending this training, participants will be better able to discuss:
- Describe the principles and critical components of the Safe and Together™ Model
- Describe key concepts associated with the Model
- Describe significant ways the Model can change their practice
Upon completion of this course you will have the opportunity to take a 6 question quiz to measure your comprehension of the material. If you answer at least two out of three questions correctly you will receive 1.5 hours of Safe and Together Institute credit. You will have a 3 chances to take each question before the quiz function is disabled.
The following are the instructions you need to take the course:
- Click on this link to take you to the online course portal
- Register for the course. Once you complete the registration, you will automatically be taken to the course.
- Click the “Launch Viewer to Begin” button. This will take you to a page where the first topic’s video will begin automatically. You can read about the “Description” tab.
- Watch the video. When it’s completed, you will be automatically be asked if you want to go to the topic. You can also choose to click on that topic. You will continue this way through all four topics. (You can expand the viewer if you want.)
- In the third topic, there is an article you can download and read.
- Return to the online course portal. To get credit for the course you will need to look into your account. You will be prompted to initialize your account by creating a password. (Please save your login email and password in safe place so you can use it to access your account.) Once this process is complete, you will be taken to your account profile. Click on “My Credit.” You should see that you have “Pending Credit” for this course. (If you don’t see that you have “Pending Credit” it means you didn’t complete all the topics. You should return to the course and complete any topics you missed.)
- You will be taken to the quiz. You must get 5 out of 6 questions correct to receive credit. You will be given three chances to successfully complete the quiz.
- Once you successfully complete the quiz click “Continue.” You will be offered a chance to take a survey of your experience. We appreciate your time to complete this survey. It will be very helpful for evaluating the effectiveness of our course and the platform.
- Once you have completed the survey you will be able to generate a certificate that demonstrates your successful completion of the course.
Congratulations! You can return at anytime to reprint the certificate if you need to.
*If you need technical assistance related to this course, call Phone: 1-866-702-3278 (US) or Email: email@example.com