Our focus remains on providing training and technical assistance designed to support real world practice.
The SafeEngagement/FathersPlus embodies DMA’s long-term commitment to providing training and technical assistance directly applicable to the day to day reality of working with families. It is our commitment to provide resources that can be immediately applied to daily practice. Our goal is not just to provide useful information but to help systems gain knowledge and build skills that directly improve outcomes for families.
SafeEngagement/FathersPlus training and technical assistance offerings include:
- Assessing Fathers: Strengths and Risks
- Supporting Responsible Fatherhood: Strategies for working with fathers with histories of coercive control
- Batterer Intervention Programs and Responsible Fatherhood: How BIP’s can engage men who batter to support responsible fatherhood
- Practicing Engagement Skills: An advance workshop on skills for engaging fathers with histories of domestic violence
- The parenting of men who batter: Conceptualizing and Engaging Men who Batter as Fathers
Individualized training and consultation can also be provided.