Certified Safe & Together™ Model Training (currently available only in Australia) coming soon to North America and the UK!
Due to global demand for Safe & Together Model training, we developed a new model for certifying trainers (currently available only in Australia; coming to North America and the UK soon).
Email us to register your organization on our list of interested agencies for future training.
Benefits of becoming a Certified Trainer:
- Lower certification cost: Receive the necessary certification training for $1500 USD — a significantly lower cost than earlier Certification Trainings
- Lower cost per unit of training delivered as compared to trainings provided directly by the Safe & Trainer Institute staff and faculty
- The ability to generate revenue by charging other agencies for training
- A “pay only if you train” structure allows agencies to manage training costs
- Ongoing, unlimited technical assistance, including an assigned Safe & Together Training Mentor
- All materials needed to deliver the trainings including manuals, handouts and videos
- Safe & Together provides full online support for agency training registrations
- Safe & Together promotes your upcoming training events on our website, plus other marketing materials
- Regular, free curriculum updates
- Future opportunities to add other Safe & Together Model trainings such as Advanced Training Days and Coach Training
Who are we looking for?
Agencies that demonstrate a commitment to domestic violence-informed practice, high-quality training and an interest in disseminating the Model. While we want to establish a relationship with an agency, we only certify individual trainers. Applicants must have significant experience using the Model (completion of the CORE Training is a minimum requirement). Individuals with experience delivering training are preferred but not required.
What is required for certification?
To be certified, applicants must:
- Have completed CORE Training with a passing grade
- Be accepted as a candidate based on the application process
- Work for an approved Safe & Together Institute agency partner
- Complete five days of in-person training
- Successfully complete video observation of the CORE Training
- Participate in mandatory remote coaching sessions with a Safe & Together training mentor
- Submit videos of their Safe & Together Model trainings
- Complete required reading and online learning
- Pass a knowledge test
- Hold a Bachelor’s level or higher degree in a relevant field
- Experience both with domestic violence and child welfare systems preferred
- Watch CORE Training video excerpt
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. We want trainers who have used the Model in their own practice, and understand its benefits from their own direct experience. We also prefer trainers who also have training experience, but are open to working with the right candidates to improve their training skills.
No. We are open to both governmental and non-governmental entities.
We host one in the US and one in Australia each year.
Yes, but one agency must be responsible for handling the administrative aspects of the relationship with the Safe & Together Institute.
The Safe & Together Institute is committed to providing at least 13.25 CE hours every two years toward recertification at no cost to the Certified Trainers.