Safe & Together™ Model Trainer Certification currently available in Australia, the United Kingdom and now North America!
Due to global demand for the Safe & Together Model training, we developed a new model for certifying trainers. Previously only in Australia and the UK, the certification training is now available in North America!
The first Safe & Together™ Trainer Certification Training in North America is taking place in Denver, CO on May 6 – 10, 2019.
Email us if you are interested in learning more about the process required to become a Safe & Together Certified Trainer.
Benefits of becoming a Certified Trainer:
Since 2017, the Safe & Together Institute began offering the ability to become a certified trainer. This option has the following features:
- Low initial entry cost: Receive the necessary certification training for a base fee of $1500.00 USD plus materials and venue costs
- Up to a 65% reduction in trainer costs (as compared to using Safe & Together Institute faculty or staff)
- The ability to generate revenue by charging for trainings
- A “pay as you go” structure allows agencies to manage training costs
- Immediate ability (upon completion of certification requirements) to deliver an unlimited number of CORE and 1-Day Overview trainings
- On-going, unlimited technical assistance including an assigned Safe & Together “Training Mentor”
- All the materials needed to deliver the trainings including trainer manuals, handouts, videos
- Full online support for training registrations including co-branded event pages
- Advertisements for your training on our website plus other marketing materials
- Regular curriculum updates
- Future opportunities to add other Safe & Together™ Model trainings, e.g. Supervisor Training
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Safe & Together Institute wants to establish relationships with agencies who want a person or persons on their staff to be become a Certified Safe & Together™ Model trainer. We are looking for agencies that demonstrate a commitment to domestic violence-informed practice, high quality training and are interested in supporting the dissemination of the Model. While we want to establish a relationship with an agency, we will only certify individual trainers. We are looking for applicants who have already had significant experience with the Model. Applicants must have completed the CORE Training with a score of 80% or higher. Individuals with training experience are preferred but not required.
What is required for certification?
To be certified, applicants must:
- Be accepted as a candidate based on the application process
- Work for an agency that is an approved Safe & Together Institute Partner Agency
- Complete five days of in-person training
- Successfully complete video observation of the CORE Training
- Participate in 12 mandatory remote coaching sessions with a Safe & Together training mentor
- Submit videos of their Safe & Together™ Model trainings (initially and recertification)
- Complete required reading and online learning
- Pass a knowledge test
- Hold a Bachelor’s level, equivalent, or higher degree
- Experience both with domestic violence and child welfare preferred
What is required for recertification?
All certified trainers will need to be recertified every two years. To be recertified, the trainer will need to:
- Deliver two CORE trainings or an equivalent number of 1-day trainings in the past two years
- Completion (with passing grades) of 27.5 approved continuing education hours (50% of them from the Safe & Together Institute)
- Maintain ‘good’ to ‘excellent’ training evaluations
- Payment of recertification fee of $500USD
- Submission of 2 hours of training video for review and feedback
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. More than higher education credentials, we want trainers who have used the Model in their own practice, and understand its benefits from their own direct experience. We also prefer trainers who have training experience but are open to working with the right candidates to improve their training skills.
Currently there is no specific requirement. We are open to both governmental and non-governmental entities.
Right now, the plan is to host one in the US, UK and Australia every year.
Not at this time.
Yes, however there needs to be one agency responsible for handling the administrative aspects of the relationship with the Safe & Together Institute.
The Safe & Together Institute is committed to providing at least 13.25 CE hours every two years toward recertification at no cost to the Certified Trainers.