Safe & Together™ Model
Train The Trainer
Due to global demand for the Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training, we have developed a new program to certify trainers so they can teach our Model curricula. This allows us to offer more trainings in more locations throughout each year. Our goal is to continually certify new trainers each year to further expand the Model’s reach worldwide.
This 5-day Train the Trainer is one component of the larger Safe & Together™ Model Trainer Certification Program and is designed to provide a skills-oriented foundation for training on the following curricula: Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training, 1-day Overview and the 1-hour Briefing.
Train the Trainer is focused on moving trainer candidates toward mastery in three main competencies:
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Continuum of Domestic Violence-informed Practice;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the Safe & Together™ Model;
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes related to the CORE Training manual and related training activities.
Consisting of 27.5 educational hours of lecture, group exercises, discussion and video, the Trainer Certification Program’s Train The Trainer is a robust 5-day in-person training that will result in participants:
- Increasing their ability and confidence in describing the various components of the Safe & Together™ Model and domestic violence-informed practice;
- Increasing their ability and confidence in the instruction of each of the skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Increasing their ability and confidence in teaching each of the CORE skills identified in the training (Assessment, Interviewing, Documentation and Case Planning);
- Building upon prior knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and child welfare systems as well as cultural competency, substance abuse and mental health intersections and intersectionalities;
- Describing basic concepts and skills associated with ‘light’ systems assessment of domestic violence-informed practice;
- Developing and implementing an action plan for improving their domestic violence-informed training skills.
Completion of this comprehensive training is one of the requirements to become a Safe & Together™ Model Certified Trainer.