It’s important to us that we share our work and research with practitioners and system leaders.
The following are a small sample of articles and other materials written by David Mandel, Founder of the Safe & Together Institute. For regular insights, updates, research and best practices, subscribe to our Blog.
- Unraveling the gender paradox at the center of the Safe & Together Model. Mandel, D. 2020.
- Perpetrator Intervention Program Completion Certificates are Dangerous. Mandel, D. 2019.
- Worker Safety and Domestic Violence in Child Welfare Systems. Mandel, D. 2019.
- Abusers’ Perceptions of the Effect of Their Intimate Partner Violence on Children
Rothman, E. F., Mandel, D. G., & Silverman, J. G. (2007). Abusers’ perceptions of the effect of their intimate partner violence on children. Violence Against Women, 13(11), 1179-1191.
- Domestic Violence Survivors’ Parenting Strengths. Mandel, D. August 2017.
- Batterers and the Lives of Their Children
Mandel, D. (2009). Batterers in the lives of their Children. In Stark, Evan, and Eve Buzawa. Violence against women in families and relationships. Evan Stark & EVE BUZAWA. ABC-CLIO, 2009.
- Case Reading as a Practice and Training Intervention in Domestic Violence and Child Protection
Humphreys, C., Healey, L. & Mandel, D. (2018). Case Reading as a Practice and Training Intervention in Domestic Violence and Child Protection, Australian Social Work, DOI: 10.1080/0312407X.2017.1413666
- Working With Men As Parents: Becoming Father-Inclusive to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes in Domestic Violence Cases
Mandel & Rankin (2018). Working with Men as Parents: Becoming Father-Inclusive to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes in Domestic Violence Cases. Columbus, OH: Family and Youth Law Center, Capital University Law School.